Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City – District One
Mohammed Bin Rashid City, commonly known as MBR City, is one of Dubai's largest mixed-use, freehold development areas. Announced in the second half of 2012 by the ruler of the Emirate, his Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the cost of the project is estimated at AED 30 billion. The development includes state-of-the-art tourist attractions, a recreation center, the world's largest shopping center, a large-scale park, the world's largest man-made lagoon, and 418 hectares of free property. The project was inaugurated by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid himself in May 2015.
The Major Assets Of MBR City
MBR City will include one of the largest shopping malls in the world, the Meydan One Mall, another gigantic addition to this developing city. The Meydan One Mall, which is expected to be completed by the end of 2020, is one of Dubai's largest shopping malls. It is home to more than 600 stores, including many leading luxury brands, as well as more than 100 food outlets. The mall will also offer many attractions, including the world's largest fountain, indoor sports facilities with water sports, and a one-kilometer indoor ski slope. With more than 12,000 parking spaces, the mall is expected to welcome about six million visitors each year. There are also plans to develop a recreation center, connected to the shopping center in collaboration with Universal Studios.
While waiting for the Meydan One Mall to be fully completed, residents of the MBR City community can visit the Dubai Mall, Mercato Shopping Mall, and Mall of the Emirates, located approximately 14-17 minutes from the area. As for families, including children and adults, they can go to the VR Park, the MOE.
The city of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum is one of the leading mixed-use developments in the UAE, with world-class entertainment venues and luxury apartments, villas, and mansions. MBR City is already in talks to become the new “city center” of the emirate. The project is highly anticipated, as some developments may well break records. Although MBR City is not yet fully completed, phases one and two of the development have been completed, while phase three is expected to be completed by the end of 2020.
- Offers luxury apartments, villas and mansions with futuristic design
- Soon one of Dubai's largest shopping malls, the Meydan One Mall
- Direct access to Business Bay, Downtown, Design District and Al Quoz
- Extensive green spaces in residential areas, offering panoramic views
- The largest artificial lagoon in the world
- Dubai Mall is 11 minutes away
- The journey to Sheikh Zayed Road takes about 10 minutes
- Business Bay and central Dubai are about 5 to 10 minutes from MBR City
- Dubai International Airport is a 20-minute drive away
DISTRICT ONE-A Valuable Option To Invest In MBR City
District One combines an artificial lagoon, a boardwalk, a bike path and a running track, a large-scale park, and breathtaking architecture. District One's 7km Crystal Lagoon offers residents exclusive access to swimming, paddle boarding, and other non-motorized water recreation activities. With over 8km of scenic bike and running trails, sheltered by tree-lined avenues, that loop seamlessly around the community and promote a healthy lifestyle. The vast area dedicated to green and open spaces promises to rejuvenate, affirm health and improve the overall quality of life.
This beautiful and luxurious community offers the largest freehold properties, villas, and apartments, in the heart of the city center. There are 18 mansions, available in contemporary, modern Arabic, or Mediterranean styles. Each three-story mansion has seven bedrooms, plus rooms for several maids and drivers.
The villas, numbering about 1,500, are also available in three styles and have five bedrooms, plus bedrooms for a driver and a maid.
The Blue Views are what the developer calls “villansions,“ bespoke villas of more than six bedrooms with features such as a basement for recreation. Villansions are sold as base and envelope units that buyers can either invite the developer to participate in the design of interiors or call on their own designers.
Phase 3 consists of District 1 residences, a gated community of up to 70 apartment buildings. They have a height of five to seventeen floors and contain one, two and three bedroom apartments.
The Seagull Point is a G + 14 tower inspired by the seagulls that began to approach the Crystal Lagoon. Its communal amenities will include a clubhouse, gym, library, children's area and café.
Points Of Interest In District One
District One offers a unique way of life, which aims to improve the standard of living of its residents by providing them with comfort, security and the latest civilian infrastructure.
- Dedicated indoor leisure areas
- Bike and running trails for residents
- 241 hectares of open and green spaces for parks and lagoons
- District 1 has communal swimming pools and fitness centers for residents, which helps to stay healthy and fit.
- The JBR walk 24 minutes drive
- Dubai International Airport 30 minutes by car
- Burj Al Arab 19-minute drive
- The Sea 19 minutes by car
- Palm Jumeirah 21 minute drive
- Emirates Shopping Mall 16 minutes by car
- Dubai Mall 12-minute drive
- Al Maktoum International Airport 41 minutes drive
- Ibn Battuta Shopping Center 25 minutes by car
Diversity Of Properties:
The properties in District 1 are organized as follows: Apartments for sale are offered on plans including studios and apartments of 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. The area of such apartments varies from 56 to 186 square meters.
- An average studio for sale can be purchased for a price of AED 700,000
- 1-bedroom apartments can be purchased for an average price of AED 1.2 million
- 2-bedroom apartments are also available, the average price of these apartments is around AED 2.1 million
- One can also buy 3-bedroom apartments, the average expected price is about AED 3.4 million
- Currently, apartments are not available for rent, they can only be purchased.
The typical four-bedroom villa in District One is equipped with six bathrooms and a living area of about 836 square meters. The five-bedroom villas, meanwhile, offer an area of about 1208 square meters and are equipped with seven bathrooms. The largest villa, which has six bedrooms, has an area of 1115 square meters and seven bathrooms.
District one villas can meet the budget requirements of investors, whether they are small or large. There are several pricing options that are listed below.
- One can buy a 4 bedroom villa at the average price of AED 8 million
- A 5 bedroom house will sell for an average price of AED 12 million
- A 6 bedroom house will sell for AED 18 million
- One of the benefits of renting here is the availability of large villas, which is perfect for large families looking to rent a home close to Dubai's major business centers.
Things To Consider For A Good Investment
Overall, District One is a great place to live, it's close to major business centers. Everything in this area is ideal for families, except for public transport. Metro and bus stops are relatively far away.
In MBR City, the most popular choice for apartments and villas is District One. Offering Arabic and European-inspired designs in a modernist setting, the community offers a most luxurious lifestyle. District One offers world-class residential units that are both traditional and impressive.
To learn more about the residences and villas available in District One, contact our experts.